Lemon Passionfruit Cheesecake
- 12 fresh pitted dates
- 1/2 cup coconut (shredded or desiccated)
- 1 cup macadamias (or nut of your choice)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 3 cups raw cashew, soaked for 2-4 hrs then drained
- 1 cup full-fat coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (you could use honey, rice malt, coconut nectar)
- 2 lemons, zest & juice
- 3-4 passionfruits
- Line the base of a springform tin with baking paper and grease the sides with coconut oil. In your food processor pulse together all the base ingredients until they form a rough dough. Press into the bottom of the tin and pop into the fridge.You could bake the base if you wanted to, 10 mins on 200C then pop in the freezer to cool completely before you top with the filling.
- Add the cashews and coconut cream to the food processor and blend until smooth. Add all remaining ingredients except the passionfruit and blend again well to combine. Pour this mixture over the base and pop it in the freezer for at least 4 hours to set. Top with the passionfruit before serving. Allow to stand out of the freezer for 10 mins before cutting.