Yellow Lentil Dahl
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 1/2 cup yellow split peas, soaked overnight
- 1 whole bunch of kale or silverbeet
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup organic yellow curry paste
- 1 400mL can coconut milk
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Coriander, to serve
- Papadums, to serve
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Nutra Organics Vegetable Broth Garden Veggie
- Separate the leaves from the stems of your kale and chop, finely chop the stems as well.
- In a large saucepan over a medium-high heat, melt your coconut oil and saute onions and kale stems until onion is soft.
- Add curry paste, stir until aromatic.
- Add in your lentils, yellow peas, coconut milk, broth powder and 2 cups water.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1/2 hour. After 1/2 hour check to see if cooked to liking, if not ready, cook for a bit longer (If your mixture is looking a bit dry, add more broth). Taste and season to preference.
- When your dahl is ready stir in kale and allow to wilt.
- To serve, top with coconut yoghurt, coriander, papadums, and lime.