Hazelnut Choc Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 60g (2 scoops) True WPI90 Rich Chocolate
- 1 cup dried dates
- 3 Tbsp hulled tahini
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp macadamia or coconut oil
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius fan-forced
- Add the oats, cacao nibs, protein powder and half the hazelnuts into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of hazelnuts to a food processor and process until a flour forms. Add the hazelnut flour in with the other dry ingredients and mix to combine
- Meanwhile, soak the dried dates in boiling water for 5 minutes
- Drain the dates and add into a high-powered blender with the tahini, maple syrup, oil and egg whites. Blend until paste forms.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry and mix until the dry ingredients are all covered. You may need to use your hands to give it a really good mix! The mixture should be sticky and hold together when pinched.
- Press the mixture evenly into a lined 30x20cm baking tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cooling before slicing into bars.