- 50g coconut oil/ butter/ ghee, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbs blackstrap molasses optional
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/8 cup collagen powder optional (Nutra Organics stocked at reception)
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Preheat your oven to 170C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Grab 2 bowls. In one mix all your dry ingredients together well. In the other mix all your wet ingredients until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Scoop the batter out onto some cling wrap and pop in the freezer for about 1/2 hr to set.
- You should now have a nice firm ball of dough. Sprinkle some extra tapioca on your bench and roll out the dough with a rolling pin. You may need to sprinkle the top with some extra tapioca to prevent sticking.
- Roll out to about 1cm thick and use your cookie cutters to cut into shapes. If you don’t have cookie cutters you can just make them like regular cookies.
- Pop shapes onto the baking paper lined tray & bake for 10-12 mins for a soft gingerbread or around 15 minutes for a crispy one.Note – If you are making shapes and are in a warm climate you are going to need to work fast so the dough doesn’t melt again and make it hard to work with.