Chicken & Brown Rice San Choy Bau
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 5 cm piece ginger, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 500g chicken mince
- half cup Chinese cooking wine
- quarter cup water
- quarter cup oyster sauce
- 220g can water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 carrot, julienned
- half red capsicum, sliced
- half yellow capsicum, sliced
- half cup small broccoli florets
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Bean Sprouts, to serve
- Soy sauce, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
2 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
½ cup The Wholefood Pantry Brown Basmati
½ cup The Wholefood Pantry Raw Cashews
- Cook brown basmati rice to packet instructions, adding your Chicken Bone Broth in with the water.
- Heat sesame oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the ginger, garlicand chilli and cook for 2-3 minutes, until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove and set aside on a clean tea towel.
- Add the chicken mince to your wok and cook for 3-4 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Cook until golden brown.
- Add the cooking wine, water and oyster sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly. Stir through the cooked brown basmati rice and water chestnut.
- In a dry pan, roast cashews until lovely and golden.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the lettuce cups. Top with zucchini, carrot, capsicum, celery, roasted cashews, mint leaves, bean sprouts, and the ginger mixture. Serve with sesame seeds and soy sauce.