Blueberry & Coconut Protein Balls
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 scoops True WPI190 French Vanilla
- Place the blueberries and sugar into a small saucepan along with ½ cup of water and simmer on medium heat until reduced, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and place into a high speed blender until smooth. Strain mixture then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine the oats, almond meal, coconut flour, desiccated coconut and protein powder in a large bowl until incorporated. Set aside.
- Place the coconut oil and rice malt syrup into a small saucepan and heat on low until melted, remove from the heat and stir in the blueberry liquid. Pour this over the dry ingredients and thoroughly combine, you may need to use your hands as the mixture is quite dense.
- Next, roll the dough into balls and place onto a tray, placing into the freezer to set for half an hour.
- In the meantime, melt the white chocolate by placing it into a bowl and microwaving it for about a minute, stirring every 20 seconds until melted.
- Remove the balls from the freezer and drizzle with the melted white chocolate. Place back into the freezer to set for a further 15 minutes. These can be stored in the fridge or freezer – enjoy!